Korean Speaking Program Assistant - Seattle (Part-time)
Date : 2012-04-20 / Hit : 4326
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, the Center’s five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science. The Hutchinson Center, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Seattle Children’s, is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest. Join us and make a difference!
The Bilingual Program Assistant will work under the supervision of the program’s Principal Investigator to assist with administrative tasks related to research projects. These projects will focus on health communication interventions to promote healthy behaviors among minority and immigrant populations.
The Program Assistant will provide administrative tasks related to the recruitment, enrollment, and interview of Korean speaking participants for a behavioral interventions study as well as in the dissemination of study findings. The Program Assistant is responsible for communicating and coordinating meetings with the community agencies in Seattle as well as with research groups. The incumbent will work with some independence and is expected to use judgement in performing duties within the framework of department/study policies and procedures.
1. Maintain organization of project-specific data and documents, including recruitment data, intervention materials, and other documents.
2. Coordinate communication and meetings with community organizations and research groups at the local or national levels.
3. Assist with preparation, distribution, and communication of research materials for the recruitment, enrollment, and interview of eligible participants for the behavioral intervention study.
4. Assists with preparation and oversight for IRB review and budget monitoring.
5. Assist in the preparation and submission of manuscripts, protocols, correspondence, and grant applications.
6. Assist with library research for the investigator.
7. Perform deadline-oriented projects and other duties as assigned.
a BS/BA in Psychology, Social Work, Communication, Public Health, or related field. Minimum of one year of experience working with the Korean community. Must be fluent in Korean (native speaker preferred), flexible to work occasionally late afternoons and/or weekends, and have a reliable transportation. Necessary skills include: able to work independently and as part of a team, strict attention to detail, strong organizational skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), proficiency with general computer skills (e.g., MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, ACCESS is a plus), and adaptable and flexible work style. Position offers benefits and potential for advancement over time.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary DOE+ excellent benefits. This a part-time position. 50% FTE
Monday - Thursday, 5 hrs/day, during the hours of 8am - 5pm.
Some occasional evening and weekend hours.
How To Apply:
To apply for this position, please visit http://www.fhcrc.org/content/public/en/careers.html and reference job #24509
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance are equal opportunity employers, committed to workforce diversity.